Sunday, March 7, 2010

Something new for all.....

Yesterday was the longest run that I have EVER done, I ran 14 miles, it was so hard for me.
I find it so hard to keep motivated to keeping pace, and to not think of pain, when I am outside....when I am on my treadmill, I just do it. I actually go faster because I want get done, and I want to relieve Mike from babysitting the kids. I also find it hard to stop at every light, I must have timed it horrible this run, just in time to stop at every stinkin' light. Yesterday was hard. I left at 8:05 and returned at 11:15, that sucks, if you think oh my, three hours and that is all she ran....I do too....BUT, I try to tell myself that stopping at lights, stopping to walk to relieve some pain, stopping in the middle to stretch, eat gummy gels, and to drink water, all played a part, but still, that time is rough.
I hope that when I run the marathon that I will keep my eye on someone, and try to keep up with them. I need to do better though....I need to do more tempo runs, eat better, and try to keep my pace up.
I was so glad to come home, and say to myself, today you did something you have never done, and you did it alone, with a lot of prayers, and you did it with some pain, but you did it. I prayed so hard to keep my spirits up, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love running, but if you know me, I never stop running to walk, and today I did, I never hurt, and today I did, I never think of going home, or calling Mike to come and get me, and today I thought about it. This is THE hardest thing that I have ever done mentally, physically, and spiritually, but yet I love it, and want to achieve my goal...as weird as that sounds. I would say that it is as hard as giving birth, but you get pain relievers for that, and they give you more if you ask, and if you are crying, but with this, if you are crying at mile 1, you still have 25.2 miles to go, no medication this time....but a lot of gratitude, and tears.
I guess this is a lot like life, keeping our focus on our Heavenly Father, and not letting anything get in the way....keeping our eyes on Him will help us in all that we do.
I know that I can do hard things, and I will finish my marathon, maybe not in pace time, but I will finish, have that satisfaction knowing that I just did the hardest thing that I chose to do, so I can do the hard things I don't choose.
Life is busy, but good. The kids are hilarious, and very active. They don't take naps anymore, SAD day...what do you do all day with your kids...I needed the nap hours to think of more to do.
Mike is working hard, and looking forward to riding the motorcycle.
I started a quilt with my mother in law, and this is a new thing for me, so, very challenging. The goal is to make a twin comforter for Hailey and Ryker, for Christmas, hopefully this next Christmas....keeping fingers crossed. My mother in law is very patient with me and she is a great quilter, I am lucky to have her help me, thank you Nancy, the kids will be so grateful.
So why did I label this blog the way I did?
New for mike: babysitting kids all day on saturday, he went to bed at 8:30, hmmmmm, maybe he knows why I am so tired....we'll see.
kiddos: having only mike on saturday....I felt so bad.
Me: guilt....of not being there for my kids on saturday, always have guilt....any moms' out there have that...you need a break but then feel terrible for taking one? This feeling is not new, but I have never talked about this before, and today I felt bad.
14 miles!!!!
sewing a quilt
Sorry this was soooo long...next post....not about running....not keeping any promises though! That is my life right now, and I happy to be in it.

1 comment:

RUNNERGIRL said...

Jessica, you're amazing. I'm so proud of you. I know you will be able to do it,, you are up to the high miles and that is when it gets interesting/fun! running that far on your own for a training run is always amazing--well maybe not the running part, but the part after--doesn't it feel great once you know what you did? I've tried to run a few times since my last race and have been hurting so I'm doing the elliptical hard core trying to stay in shape until my injuries heal-I'm hoping that won't be to much longer, I miss running!