Friday, March 12, 2010

15 miles....check!

So today, I was feeling a lot of nervousness for tomorrow and the long run....I seriously was so frustrated last week that I kept questioning my training. Do I really have it in me? Do I have the right training program? Did I pick something too hard to face? Am I strong enough, mentally and physically? Seriously, all day....what a motivation, huh?
So we went through Friday like non other..."cleaning Friday" is now what Hailey calls it, and that is just what it is. I normally take a running break today, and just clean, cook, and get ready for the weekend.
Well, we took naps today, everyday this week, HOORAY for naps. I have always loved my sleep. Anyway, we all woke up, made dinner, and ate Manicotti, I needed to carb load for tomorrows run, right?
I asked Mike when it would work out to run this weekend, we checked the weather, tomorrow 50% chance rain, or snow, and tonights' weather was perfect...so we decided to do the run tonight. I got all ready, kissed everyone goodbye, and left at 6:10.
I was making every light.
I kept my pace up.
I made it to places in record time.
I was running with my shadow...have you ever noticed where your shadow is and what it is doing. Well, sometimes it was to the side of me like my friend, sometimes in front of me like a bad friend, and sometimes there were two in back of me, pushing me along.
I really felt my Grandpa Pete tonight on the run, maybe, just maybe he was one of those shadows...it felt like it.
I also felt Mikes' brother Jason, and his Grandma Palmer. I was running pass the cemetery where they are both buried, and I was overwhelmed with thoughts of them.
This was the best run!
I was not afraid for my life, I never wanted to stop, I didn't hurt, and I didn't once think, "I can't finish!"
I finished and in great time. I returned home at 8: 44, stretched, and was talking to Mike, and we thought it was a little short of 15 miles, so I got back out there and ran around my neighborhood, which is exactly a mile.
I returned home at 9:00.
I was, well am, full of energy, and confidence, this run is so what I needed.
Thank you for all of your love, support, and nice words, even if you don't like running.
Tonight I did something I have NEVER done, and I NEVER thought I would do. I hope I don't get prideful, everyone knows what comes next. I have already been down, I just want to enjoy it for a little while. (Almost 2 months to be exact!)
What's in your future? Tell me.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good Job, Jess! You are amazing and you'll do great in your marathon!

Dustin and Melissa said...

You are doing great! We are cheering you on!