Tuesday, February 23, 2010

13 miles, to a temple!!!

On Saturday, this post is late, I ran 13 miles to the Mount Timp Temple!!!(I ran to provo temple, when it was my 9 mile week..) I started at my house, and ended at the temple, and then ran to mikes moms house. It was so amazing, and so beautiful. I was surprised when I saw mike and the kids at the end of the viaduct, it was like it really was a half marathon. I made good time considering I had to stop at half of the stop lights, and I stopped to talk to mike and the kids, but I wish I would have done better, maybe next week. I will do the same miles next week. I want to get comfortable with a half marathon.
Three months in view:
Feb. 27: 13 miles
March 6: 14 miles
March 13: 15 miles
March 20: 16 miles
March 27: 16 miles
April 3: 17 miles
April 10: 18 miles
April 17: 19 miles
April 24: 20 miles
May 1: 12 miles
May 8: 7 miles
May 15, marathon!!! 26.2 miles.

I know that I have a lot of long runs ahead, but I want to get comfortable on my feet, and be prepared. I am so excited to do this, and to take you along with me. I always worry, am I really signed up for this, or will I be in shock when I show up on May 15, and they don't have me on the list...my dreams would be shattered.
I am feeling great, a little sore, but nothing too bad.
I am still eating like crazy, I really need to stop, and watch it.
I am trying to manage a house, kids, runs, and cooking, I am busy, and tired.

4 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

Check you out! Keep up the great work!

How awesome you live so close to the temple. We run along the East River during the week and through Central Park on Saturdays for our long runs. Dustin has been jogging along side us for protection because we do our training at night. He could complete the half marathon except that my race is a women's 1/2 marathon...maybe next time!

A Rosie Family said...

That is awesome!

Caldwells said...

Good for you! We did the Salt Lake City Marathon 2 years ago. Is that the one you are running? It is such a great feeling! Keep up the long runs!!!! You are amazing. Porter and I did it together. IT would be so hard to brave it alone.

Robin said...

You amaze me Jess..good job.