Monday, March 29, 2010

I wish I had proof!

This weekend was supposed to be another 16 mile run. I was thrilled to do this again, and this time was going to go with a running club. They told me at the running store that someone would do 16 miles....well, they didn't want to and some of them didn't have the time. We ran on two different trails, and one was on a couple of mountain sides, I would have normally hiked these mountains and looked at the beautiful views and would have been satisfied, but no, we ran and ran, through switchbacks, big vertical trails, and I ran, sometimes feeling no movement, but I was running. I have never done trails before, and they are nothing to take too lightly. I never would have done this on my own, I was so proud of myself.
We did nine miles in the mountains, and a new running friend and I did 4 more on the river trail. My goodness, the views of this run were AMAZING!!! I am trying to tell myself, the 13 miles, including HILLS that I would have not got in on my 16 mile run, compensated the run I was going to do. But, you know me, I added 3 miles to my various runs this week. Instead of two today, I ran three.
My new friend Malana called me a hard core runner....I don't call myself that nor do I think I am. I just enjoy doing something I never thought I would do, or be part of. This is great, I love running, and the self motivation you develop from it. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am doing it.
I also was looking at my schedule and April 20, Ryker is getting his tonsils out, ya, April 24, my longest run EVER, so far, 20 miles.
What have I done to myself?
Thanks to my family for getting better, and being a big support to me. I know that you are all behind me. Also, thanks to my friends who support me as well, I hope you feel my support in your lives as well.

2 comments:

Caldwells said...

Way to go! Hills are sooo hard! Thankfully we don't have too many of those here in the desert! Keep it up!

Maosi Fam said...

Good job, Jess! That is awesome!

ps- how did you get it to where is says when the last time your friends updated. I jsut did my post and redid my blog and can't figure out how to do that? :-(