Saturday, April 17, 2010

Well, this just might be the "IT" factor!

We have been playing dodge ball, lately, but more with people really. Ryker is getting his tonsils out next week and he cannot be sick, or they won't take them out. So, if you had a party this weekend, which there were three killer ones, we could not attend. I am sorry. Hailey really wanted to play with her friends today, and asked if we were still playing the game, which I replied to with a BIG YES!!!
We de-cluttered our kids' room and started on the rest of the house. Oh, what a nice feeling, to give to others and have so much more room, and to have the toys GONE, that aren't touched unless the neighbors are around, uggggh, then comes the Lysol, I HATE germs, repeat, HATE them!
We also had a car cleaning party, and a dandelion up-rooting party. Ryker loved to help find the yellow flowers, and Hailey loved picking them. No one has taught her that they can put yellow on your skin, yet!
Then it was off for my 19 mile run.
I need to back up to last week, and give you some updates. Well, last week was my 18 mile run, and I just thought well, why not 20? I need to do it for sure, and with Ryker getting surgery, who knows what that week will bring, right? So I did it. I upped my mileage from 17 to 20, is this stupid, YES!!! It took me four hours, exactly. I started hurting really bad at mile 17, and I thought you just need to pull yourself together and finish! I did, and I could hardly walk. I hurt my IT Bands. Monday brought doctor visits, and Styrofoam roller, that I have to lay on and roll for 15 minutes twice a day. He said that I could still run, and I do my rolling faithfully to insure that. I am so thrilled that I can still train.
So, back to today. I was going to run to the provo temple, and home again to roll, and then head out again....
Nope, I ran to the provo temple, and just kept on going...right up to the mountain road, down foothill, (where I met a gardner, we talked weeds and trails for a minute, and she gave me water, what a nice lady,) okay back to the run, to the Riverwoods, and then to the canyon for a couple of miles, refilled my two waters, then turned around and came home on state street!
Mike and the kids met me at the last half mile, it was so good to see them, and they finished the run, the 21 mile run with me. I finished at 4:45, and I left at 1:05. Now that is amazing for me, three hours and 40 minutes!!!
OH WHAT A FEELING 21 MILES CAN BE, this is MY IT!!!!
My knee, thigh, and hips are tight tonight, but other than that....I feel so great. I was telling my mom that "it feels so good to know that you have that kind of stuff in you, and the endurance." These are the kind of runs, that leave me feeling, hey, "maybe I will be able to do this marathon stuff..."
I will keep you posted on post surgery...please keep him in your prayers, I am so worried about him, and his big tonsil removal.
Thanks.

No comments: