Friday, September 7, 2012

life has just been nuts!!!!


Well, it has been a long time. During this long period of silence, a lot has happened. Let me fill you in:
We moved, yes you heard right. We just felt like we should, I am not saying where we moved on our blog, so if you know, please keep that private. I also would like to say, that if you don't and you know my phone number call, and I will let you know.
We bought a home. We put the offer in 7 months ago, and two months ago, we found out that our offer was accepted. It was a short sale, and we were the second offer. We put this in after we had felt like we were supposed to be here. I forgot about the offer, our summer had been busy and stressful, we celebrated 10 years, and lot of other stuff going on. I got in the groove of yard work, house work, working at the gym on fridays, and working out daily. Then we got the call, our offer was accepted.
What offer? We came down and saw the house, this time the inside, and looked it over. We had very mixed feelings. We had back and forth feelings like crazy. Then we inspected it, and did the appraisal, and thought hmmmmm, we should probably start the loan.....2 weeks for that to finish. I hadn't even started packing, this is the 11 move, and I was just not excited to pack everything up and move again.
The week of moving was here, and the loan was not yet done, and the days were going by too fast. Mike took the day off to take down beds and wrap the big stuff.  A big branch fell off of our tree? No wind, What???? This happened the day we were packing up. Sooooo......we had to get a tree crew, (my family, and awesome brother in law), and a moving to the u-haul crew (ward and more family), this was such a crazy night. I thought, we did it, the tree mess is picked up, and we are packed, tomorrow we close, this is perfect.
The next morning, we didn't get a close time, it was still in the underwriting process....WHAT????? We got many phone calls saying we were not going to be able to close, and that we were going to lose the home, it was the last day of the contract.
I went down to my parents, I needed a break, and the kids needed to play. Mike came down later, and got me and we went and prayed and talked about things. I thought we would need to unpack, in our own driveway.
We went back to my parents to pick up the kids, and we watched Mr. Bean, never seen that before so that was distracting.
Mike had a feeling to call the agent, and ask if we could close on Monday, since this was Friday and they don't close over the weekend. She said, no, and that we were scheduled to close at 5:30, well this was 3:15, we got ready and made a few more phone calls, and took the kids to closing down in SLC.
It was crazy, it did close. During all of this, we were informed that we could not move in until Monday. Well, this made me nuts. Hailey was starting school on Tuesday, and back to school night was on Monday as well. We drove down on Saturday, and moved into the garage, with the wards help. We then took our little displaced family to Mikes parents home, and stayed there. We drove to our ward the next day, so we could have the kids make some friends. This ward is soooo great and welcoming!!!
On Monday, I got the okay to go into the house and clean it. We moved in at 6:30. Hailey had back to school night at 5:30, Mike had to leave to help out the help we had at our house. I finished with Hailey and took them home, to our new home. We got the beds put up, and kids in the bath, and then to bed.
We started the morning off right. Hailey loved her first day of school, she has adjusted just fine. Ryker is in preschool and he also loves it.
I have just unpacked and tried to have a normal in my day. This week I just got to the yard, I am slowly feeling like this is our home, and that we made the right decision for our family. I was almost, so close, to giving up, and not going through with this trial.
We have a few glitches because it is a short sale for a reason, but overall, life is good. We have put our life in the hands of our loving Heavenly Father. He knows best, because we don't for sure.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm happy to hear things worked out for you guys. Hope you guys enjoy this next adventure.