Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a run, yes with kids!

Today I got the double stroller ready and we went on a run. This jogger is amazing and sure has had a life. I wish these strollers came with mile trackers, so we could tell how many miles we have put on it. Either way, it has had quite the life. My kids are getting a little big for it. They both weigh about 45 pounds and the stroller weighs about 20! I love it though.
I love almost everything about it, I just wish people driving would watch out for us. I notice so many people don't even see us, I make eye contact normally because it makes them see me at an intersection. I don't feel like this is too much to ask, just watch out for pedestrians!  Even with my awareness, we always almost get hit about three different times a run, enough to scare me not to take them again....this is sad, they love it, and I am a better person for it, and a much better mom.
This is why I don't run with an ipod or music, EVER!!! (not even when i am alone, or on marathons)
I just need to be aware of my surroundings because  other people aren't aware of me, or my kids.
Sad.....be careful, especially if you are on foot, or wheels.

1 comment:

RUNNERGIRL said...

that's great you are still running! I am just now starting to feel a little better and it is great. My first several months have not been so fun! But can't complain because I know it will all be worth it! (just got through my first wall in my pregnancy, I'm sure I'll hit another but for now I'm feeling great!!!)