Thursday, September 20, 2012

Run!!!

Last night we went to the one mile race, that is held by a local college, and advertised at her school. It was awesome, and sooooo crowded. I signed them both up for the mile, and they were practicing running and stretching, such a fun and healthy atmosphere. I met "iron cowboy", he has participated in 23 ironmans and has more to go. I guess the record is 20, I don't know if that is in a year or what, but even still, pretty impressive. He told me he runs a marathon every weekend. He took it easy this past weekend, camein 3 hours and 15 minutes. He finished his last ironman in 10 hours and 30 minutes, that is so neat.
The races began, Hailey ran with her age girls and Ryker was allowed to go with the first grade boys.
When the gun went off, so did Hailey. Ryker grabbed my hand shaking. It was sad. I looked down with his number bib on and big alligator tears coming down, "my legs hurt", I said well we will just run what we can, and we can stop anytime.
His gun went off, and we ran hand in hand, and we stopped one minute later, and ended the race. He did not want to run, and I was not going to make him. I want him to enjoy things, and if he doesn't then, whatever, we will try something else.
We went to the finish to find Hailey. She finished 14:24. She did awesome.Her comments were too funny. "A mile is really long mom."
"I stopped and walked and then thought, oh, I need to keep running, I'm a finisher!!!"
"I met a friend and we talked and ran mom, it is much easier with a friend. I told her my mom should have ran it with me, mom you should have ran it with me."
This morning she rolled out of bed, "oh, my legs hurt! Is this normal, I must have ran real hard, mom."
Ryker said, "I should not have said I was going to do this."
I am all about finishing, but I did not want to carry him to the finish, like we do in every race, he is a big boy, and I am battling a cold.
Maybe not mom of the year, but Hailey rocked it, and I am so proud of her!!!!

No comments: