Monday, August 5, 2013

conversations with Ryker

I was on the phone today with his school. We were setting up kindergarten assessments. He came in, asked what that was. I explained to him that it was a time where he could tell the teacher his letter sounds, and read, and write and spell his name. I tested him, he knew all the letter sounds, and he reads sight words. I then said spell your name. He said it starts with an H, but I don't know how to spell it. I said, what? That is Hailey's name, silly guy. He said no, that is H for Harry Potter, and I don't know how to spell that name! This shocked me, I laughed soooo hard!

I assure you, he now knows that he can not go by a different name at school, and he does know his name, and he can spell it and write it!!!

He also knows that he is hilarious.......this could be a struggle.

We are getting ready for a few last summer things, and then it will be getting kids ready for school, and missing them. I even might miss the fighting,..maybe.

No comments: