Thursday, March 28, 2013

A struggle....

This isn't a big deal, but kind of.

I have been loving the weather lately, and this is the first year without my jogger. I know, it's a stroller right? I still have it, but it is up on the top shelf of the garage, because in Nov. I thought that the kids would be too big (and they are), and that I would not want to use it anymore. I don't want to, but I do, but either way I just miss it. I just have to run, while they are riding their OWN bikes, or running themselves. It is a new kind of exercise for me to get used to, it is fun and nice, but man they are fast......I am going to have to get in good shape to keep up!! I was running by myself yesterday, outside, (thanks Mike)  and I felt so small to the big cars, and not having the kiddos with me, and I missed having to watch out for my jogger of kids in front of me....I felt a little uneasy. I might be using the treadmill A LOT.

I was coming into my driveway and few seconds after them, and my neighbor said, "that is a great workout." I said, out of breath, "ya it is"......I said "man I miss the stroller".....and she then said something that was so clear to me, she said, "you miss the control huh?" I do. I miss where to go, how long, speed, stops, I just miss it. I was nice and let them pick the run route a lot, and we always ended at a park, but now we end up there a lot sooner, and I am one of those moms doing squats, lunges, and jack squats and dips, all using playground equipment.

I asked Mike to get my stroller down, or expressed that I missed it today, and then I remembered I probably wouldn't even be able to push the thing......my shoulder is still in recovery mode. I wouldn't be able to do that, and then I almost cried, how am I going to start the LAWN MOWER this spring and summer....I mean a pull start and all. I told Mike that we might have to get a turn key one, he laughed and I had (almost) tears!

Am I a HOT MESS or what? Is this normal to feel a little empty when your kiddos get bigger and grow out of routines?

I do love the phase we are in, I mean, I love showing my kids that exercise is fun and that we all can do it together.

No comments: