Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I read a lot of blogs!

I read a lot of your blogs, and it takes a lot of time......but I love it.:)
I just was reading a running blog, that I love. She was asking readers if anyone runs with a stroller? I did, but now that the kids are bigger, not so much.
I felt so insecure running outside alone. When people asked me when I started running 8 years ago, "Do you run alone?" I said yes, because Hailey was not born yet, but when she came out, I never thought as if I was running alone. We have had some good conversations running, about marriage, who and why, and where, and everything and anything.....then Ryker came, and the conversations just kept me going. I loved talking with my children, learning from them, speaking about what is on their minds and getting out in the fresh air...nothing better.
Well, now they are older, and I do run alone now. I am insecure, nervous, scared, and wondering where my kids are, wondering about weirdos, ya know, sooooo....I do a lot of treadmill running now.
I run, when it is good weather with them, either on their scooters or bike, but it is not the same. I miss the stages of buckles, naps in the stroller, nice comments from the drivers, (I try to forget the mean ones, there are a ton of people who love to comment on kids in strollers and make their mommy feel terrible happened about once a week,) and having them in the stroller at arm length. I miss picking the routes, we always end up at a park now, I guess that is okay though.
I was just thinking about this and how life evloves, and how many times we do the same thing, and it feels as if we are stuck, and then we look back and want to be "stuck" again. That probably doesn't even make any sense, but no one reads mine anyway.
Well, for those of you in the stroller, and nap, and cracker phase to get one more mile in, put on the snow tires and chains and live it up!!! The stroller helped me sooooo much in preparing and finishing 2 marathons, and a 1/2 marathon, many 5k's, and a few 10k's. I love to run, and I love to run with my kids. I just might stick them back in it this spring, just because.
Do you think that a 7 year old who weighs 50 lbs and a 5 year old who weighs 50 lbs and a stroller which weighs 20 lbs, is a bit much? I think it sounds great, if we can just fit them in it!!!!
I would still like to keep the name, running with kids.....it's just different now.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I enjoy reading your blog.I just don't tend to comment on posts.