Monday, June 29, 2009

Not much, but I feel I should post something!

This summer has flown by....
My dad turned 60 today, and he had a celebration for him this past weekend. We had it Hawaiian style. My sister hired entertainment and everything. We had fire, Haka, and Hula dancers. They even taught us how to do it! We set the backyard up and we transformed it, we felt like we were in a real Hawaiian Luau. It was sooo awesome. My dad is an amazing dad, and person, so I am so glad that we did it to celebrate his life.
Yesterday we celebrated 7 years of being married. I have had the time of my life. I am so grateful for him, and my kiddos. I am so blessed to have them in my life, well, forever.
I sure am glad that we have forever to work on being better! I am grateful that we are sealed to each other, and that we have the gospel in our lives.
We put up bunk beds in the kids room last night, that is right Ryker is out of the crib and unto the bottom bunk, Hailey loves the top bed. They did really good last night. We have a set where they can be made into two twin beds when we want them to. We will do that when they have their own room. For now, it makes it so much more roomy in their bedroom.
Something HUGE happened today, I put the kids down for a nap, took a little nap with them, woke up when Hailey did, I put her in charge of Ryker and told her I wanted to mow the front lawn. She is amazing, and all she wanted was a treat and a capri sun, Ryker is STILL asleep, she normally wakes him up, I guess it is easier to "babysit" while he is asleep. I thought that was worth writing down, I NEVER go outside and do anything without them, not even take out the garbage. SMALL STEPS PEOPLE, work with me.
I have pictures of everything, so I will post them soon. I might not post me learning to Hula, it depends on how I feel, you might just be that lucky!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer, and many more posts to come about vacations and friends, and summer nights. We have a few vacations planned and it will be great to see MANY loved ones soon!!!

3 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your special day!

A Rosie Family said...

You are cracking me up! Sounds like that things are going well and summer is starting off great. When are you coming to California? We are missing a little Jessica-ness around here. Baby steps... hilarious! Happy Anniversary too by the way!!!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Happy Anniversary and we need to get together before this summer is over!!