Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Gimp!"

Well, if you read the last post, you know that I have been pretty consistent running lately....well, that all came to a halt Sunday after church. I was carrying Ryker and I FELL on the sidewalk walking to the car. I totally messed up my right knee, Ryker is fine and didn't even realize we went down, thank goodness. Well that night I couldn't sleep, couldnt really do anything. So, long story short, I went the doctor and am grateful they didn't laugh at me, well, x rays and everything, my knee is just badly hurt, very swollen and really in a lot of pain. I am grateful that it is not broken in any way, I just wish I could get off the toilet normal....wow, that takes some work!!!
I am so embarrassed but might as well let the world know that I am a bit clumsy. That is why I have not done any running this week, and hope to by Saturday, but I don't want it to get worse...but I want to get back on my running shoes. Hopefully they still fit, my foot is swollen as well.
Hailey and Ryker are doing quite well, they are being so gentle with my knee. Mike just calls me Gimp. I am grateful that he is able to help out with the kids and stuff, while I am down.
I wanted to tell everyone thanks for your comments about my well being. I also wanted to let everyone know not to worry, I am fine. I asked the doctor if it is normal for hormones and periods, and all that good stuff to come back after having babies, with a vengeance, and they said it happens a lot. They said it should get better, so we are waiting for it to get better. I just want my family to know that I love them and appreciate them for all they do and put up with.
Some good news:
MIKE HAS A JOB OFFER!!!! He will start on Monday. It is quite a commute, but we are very pleased. Hopefully everything will return to normal around here. I am so happy and grateful for the time we have had with him. He is a great guy and an even better daddy. I am so happy that he wants to provide for us. I love him so much. We have had a lot of fun together, as a family, time that we wouldn't have had otherwise.

2 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

Get well soon Jessica! I hope you are back in those running shoes soon. Congratulations to Mike on his job offer! What a wonderful blessing.

Titel Family said...

Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope all of the swelling and stuff has gone down. It's hard not being able to do things normally. Glad to hear that Mike got a job offer too!