Thursday, June 19, 2008

I can do it myself, MOM!

Well, it has been a bit wild at the palmer house lately. For the last week Ryker and I have had many of sleepless sleepovers, and crying nights. It started off with a fever and then the fever disappeared, but cranky baby did not. I was tired of getting up with Ryker for the 6th day in a row, so off to the doctor he went on Tuesday. I thought he was just teething, but I wanted a justified answer to why WE weren't sleeping. He ended up having a double ear infection, and a sore throat, and yes he is teething, he is getting his VAMIRE teethe first. So, off to the pharmacy, loving the drive thru thing at Walgreens. Then we gave him his first dose. Last night with two days worth of antibiotics in his system, he slept until almost 6 am, it was amazing. I am a much better mom, when I get some sleeep. So, I thought lets go for a run and go to the park, we all need a outside day. I love my rus, even on hot days like this. Ryker is a much happier baby today, he and Hailey woke up talking to eachother, well as best as Ryker can. It was so sweet.
Today, and most days lately, little "Bugsy" (Hailey) wants to do everything by herself. Well, we went to the park, she needed to go potty, so I was helping her on, we put her fold up potty seat we take everywhere with us, helps me with the whole germ thing. Everything good right? WRONG, she got off, by herself, rubbing on the seat, so being a good person, I wiped off the toilet seat, then to my surprise, she is on the floor bear butt and all, putting on her own panties and shorts. I got her up as quickly as possible, and washed hands. Then we had lunch, she took out her straw and dropped it and put it back in her mouth. Needless to say after the FUN day at the park, we left for home. I called my mom in a panic, and said what do I do? I said I need to bath her right? So I wiped off her bumb with a wipe, and got her in the tub, clean panties and dance outfit on, she is all good, but MAN, she throws me for a loop.
Is it time for a nap yet?

4 comments:

Maosi Fam said...

sorry to hear about Ryker! im glad that he is feeling better and that you are both getting some sleep now=) im not a huge "germ freak" but that whole bathroom incident would have KILLED me!!! lol i guess she is just miss little independent huh (well she kinda always has been) gotta love our little Hailey=]

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I just love you to pieces and wanted to tell you. Hope you have a good day!

Maosi Fam said...

thank you so much for your support and always being there for me!

Maosi Fam said...

you did your page! YAY...i lvoe it. thats so funny that was the background i almost put up but then didnt...lol