Friday, June 6, 2008

Busy with Summer, how 'bout you?

Well I know I have not kept ANY promises, so I am not going to promise anything else, I will just do it when I get the chance. Sorry to all of you who are waiting for pictures of the kids. I feel bad, I just don't know how to do it, and when Mike is home well we just don't have time for it. I know excuses, excuses. I will try harder, it's not a promise I will just try.
Anyway to give you a quick update....
Ryker is growing and kind of sleeping at night now. He was having a hard time at the beginning of this week, but for the last two nights, he just woke up once. He is eating peaches, bananas, applesauce, sweet potatos,carrots, squash, pears, and I still nurse. He is starting to put his legs under his butt and scoot, it is so funny, he goes forward on his face. Hailey never crawled, she army crawled, remember? I have a lot of fun with him, he is a good little guy. He is so content, he just cries when he is hungry and at 3:00 in the morning!! He is starting to hug, and that makes me so happy, he just smiles and laughs, he is such a joy to me.
Hailey is loving the summer. We are part of a play group that gets together at different parks, in different cities every week, it is a lot of fun and we enjoy it. She is getting along with friends so well, I am happy about that. I worry about her, but I see the way she is around other little kids and I am very proud of her. It was so funny, this little girl pushed her and she turned around and said "hey you can't push me", then she came over to me and wanted a hug. She is doing excellent with the whole potty thing, to be very frank, it is about damn time!!! I cannot believe how hard she has been to potty train. I hope we have hit success, no accidents for like a week, and she tells me everytime she needs to go, even when we are out places, it's amazing. I keep a accident calender, I know what a nerd, but I got counting, 18 accidents in March, 12 in April, and 10 in May, and none so far in June. We will have to make another trip to Chuck E Cheeses. She is quite a little helper, a little mommy to all of her "Ryker" baby dolls, and she loves to cook, her specialty is "blue soup for Jesus", she loves her "spicies", she is so funny. I sure am glad that I get to stay home with my kids and see them grow, and raise them.
Mike and I will be celebrating our 6th anniversary, at the end of the month. We are headed for a day trip with the kids, we are so excited to be a family out of the house, and shopping!!! I can't wait. We love each other so much, marriage is not always easy, but if you can get through the tough times, you can get through anything. In words of Dr. Phil "do you want to be right or do you want to be happy." I have to remember those words quite often. I am sure glad that he puts up with me, thanks for the good times we have had together, and thanks for growing with me. I am so grateful for the father he is to my kids, he is so great and I know that Hailey and Ryker adore him. Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's Day. I love you.

4 comments:

Maosi Fam said...

it was good talking to ya the other day! its so nice being able to catch us with you ever few weeks=] im glad to hear agian that all is well! i cant believe how big hailey is getting! she left here still a baby and now she is a little person, i miss her=( and i cant wait till you guys take a trip down here so i can meet Ryker! hope you have time soon to post pics! and hope to hear back form ya=]

ps- happy early anniversary!

Marie said...

Hey Jessica,
Im not sure if i have posted a comment before, but its Marie Ashcraft, well zinkand now. Gesh i havent seen you in a long time, not since we used to all hang out with Melissa Monroe. Your family is so stinkin cute!! I miss you:) ITs good to hear that things are going so great for you guys. I love your blog keep up the posting its really nice to hear about your family!! Tell Mike i said hi.... he helped me with Dereks Rat trap of a Neon a long time ago:) hehehehe those were the days!! Well check out my blog if you get the chance, maybe you will remember me!
Marie

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I am right there with you with summer being too busy. We need to at least make time to hang out and RUN!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys are busy and having fun! Happy Anniversary! :)