Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Marathoners unite!

I really only have some words, and a lot of emotion....it is so weird to think that I, myself, have crossed a couple of "finisher banners" at the end of a marathon. To think how much their bodies have just done, and how long their friends and families have been their waiting, to hug, and some spread inspiration, motivation, and a whole lot of celebrating, the outcome in Boston scares me.
I am not making a lot of sense, maybe I never do. Yesterday was so hard on me, and last night, any sound woke me up. I felt as if runners had been targeted. I felt, the thing that is so much a part of my life, was now tanted.
I WAS WRONG! I woke up and just thought about running. I put on my running clothes, but had not a lot of desire to go. I read a few running blogs, and so many awesome people, were so uplifting, and so heartfelt, but yet more motivated? I don't even know if that is possible, to make a marathoner more motivated! I was thinking that as runners we hit a lot of walls, so I was thinking of this, as the wall of all walls.....and I got on that treadmill, and ran 26 minutes and 2 seconds that fastest I have in a long time, and I did it in silence. I felt so tearful the whole time. What a connection runners have, I love this sport, the people, and the kindness shown towards the hurt, so many heros yesterday.....THANK YOU!!! (the soldiers, the police, the running personnel, and everyone who helped, oh.my.goodness., thanks so much to many heros.) I feel so much sadness for the families who lost their loved ones. I am praying for them, and will be.
I don't know a lot of what I can do, but giving up racing is now not an option. It may have entered my mind yesterday, but man, when Hailey said that she was never going to run another race, it broke my running mom heart! I said, now Hailey, that is not the answer! She said are you going to race again, and I said yes. I have to be brave for her, and show her that their might be some evil, but there is a WHOLE lot of awesome in the world!!! (you just happen to see a lot of the world when you race! Some of the best people I have met are while running a marathon, or training for one, such.a.great.community.)

I saw this and I love it:

"If you are trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target."
                                                                 unkown

I love the running community. I also read that when they were done running, some runners ran to the hospital to donate blood, AWESOME!

I have hope for this nation. I have hope for marathoners. I have hope for my children. Today, I just have hope. Not a lot of sense, just somber hope.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Rappleye Family said...

I didn't know you still blogged!!! Your kiddos are so grown up!