Sunday, January 18, 2009

I finished the half marathon in 2 hours and 17 minutes!!!

Well, it finally came....
Race Day was so awesome. I am soooo glad I did it. To anyone who wants to do this and doesn't think they can, oh you can, you can and you will love it. It was the most amazing feeling crossing that finish line. Mike and the kids were there waiting for me, and it was great to share the happiness with them. They helped me train. Mike and the kids got to watch the race from Grandpa's house, the trail was right there, how awesome was that? I trained with four amazing girls, and we all finished, good job girls, it was a great run!
Hailey wanted to race as well, so that morning we got dressed together me in my running outfit, and her in hers, her hair like mine, breakfast the same, and of course we both needed to use the potty. I also made her a matching number. She thought she was racing, it was soooo cute.
At the end of the race, I put my medal on her, and she said no, I haven't done the kid race yet! We took her to the park and she raced these 2 older boys, and she won, or should I say smoked them!!!! It was so neat, she is a real runner. She was on the way home and said I need a shower!
Here's to more running, who knows if I'll do more, but I am soooo glad I did this one, Thanks to all those who helped me and encouraged me, you know who you are, and I LOVE YOU!!!!! See you with my double jogger!!! I "heart" running, and I am soooo glad I am NOT too sore.

4 comments:

A Rosie Family said...

Congrats to you girly!!! I still don't know how you do it. I get a side ache the minute I pass "jog".

Rappleye Family said...

Hey I saw your picture on Scott and Mandys blog. You look good! WE went to the Draper open house on saturday as well!! Too bad we did not see ya? Congrats on your run thats awesome! where are you guys living now days? How is Jason?

Robin said...

I'm proud of you Jess. What an accomplishment. I knew you could do it tho. Sounds like you're very busy with the kiddos. Can't believe Hailey's in Sunbeams. We miss you here. Maybe we'll come to Utah in the Spring and get a chance to see ya...Love ya, Robin

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Congrats. I need to get some motivation from you!!