Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another fun race!

Today was a 5k for make a wish foundation. The race was sooo much fun. It was for a girl, and her wish was to go to Disneyland with her family. I was so happy I got to be a part of it. She is an amazing person, and because of leftover money she is donating it to someone else in the foundation. I love running for a cause, well I love running but it is always better with a purpose. I ran it in 27 minutes! I was so happy with my results. I am up to 7.1 miles now. The weather is so cold, so now we have go to the gym with the kids and we run on the track. I am so excited for Jan. 17, I can't wait. I have became addicted to running, and always wanting to be faster. It is such a rush, running 7 miles and knowing that you did it, oh, I just want to do more! I know most of you who read my blog think I am nuts.

5 comments:

A Rosie Family said...

No not completely nuts... just a little nuts! Just kidding. That is totally awesome. I wish I could kick my own butt into gear and do something so wonderful.
Good for you!!

Krystal said...

Way to go! I used to run a little and loved the way it felt. The other day I ran my shopping cart back to the return area and even that felt great! :) Pretty sad! I miss it and want to start again.

I saw your comment on Autumn's blog about FRIENDS and it made me laugh because I knew exactly what you were talking about. We LOVE that show!

By the way, I think you have commented on my blog a few times and I haven't on yours so I apologize for that! :)

Joe and Heidi said...

Great job Jess. We are still running outside and its not to bad. You are way ahead of us on the training. Sarah got the shirts in. Well get it to you tomorrow night.

Rosenlof 4 said...

I wish I was addicted to running :)

Rappleye Family said...

Thats cool you are so into running! I wish I was more. I know it is such a healthy thing to do! AHHH!! Thats a cute conversation below you had with Haley! What a doll! My parents said they saw you guys recently at Nancys birthday party! So hey we are making our blog private so please leave me a comment with your email address so I can invite you! Thanks jessica! Do you know if Brian has a blog? Or jason?