Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A funny conversation, with my Hailey!

So I was running yesterday, and Hailey told me to sing the song "I love to see the temple", I was singing as good as I could, breathless and all. Then I decided to talk to her about the temple.
Me:I said what do you think you do in temples?
Hailey: You pray and listen, mom.
Me: Do you think you can get married there?
Hailey: Yes, you can wear a pretty white dress.
Me: Who do you want to marry?
Hailey: Ryker
Me: Hailey, sweetie, Ryker is your brother, you can't marry him. You can marry another boy though.
Hailey: Oh, like Christopher and William and Tyler and Stetson?
Me: Oh, only one.
Hailey: Ummmm, I pick Christopher! Mom, will you come and see me get married there? Didn't you and daddy get married in a temple?
Me: Yes, we sure did.
Hailey: I want to too, mommy!
So this might be another too much information moment, in our dear Hailey's life. I am pleased to say though, that we have covered same sex marriages, multiple partners in a marriage, and incest, and most importantly where we should get married!
This made me laugh sooo hard. I was just so happy that she wants to get married in the temple. She ALWAYS talks about being baptized. I am so grateful for her, and her sweet spirit. She is so innocent, and she just soaks everything in.
On another note, Hailey always asks "So how many boys do I have in California?" It makes me laugh so hard, I say you have seven, and she is like, "oh, I need to see them!"
In this crazy world, I am so happy that Hailey is asking ME these questions, and having these conversations with me, and no one else. A big shout out to Mike for working so hard so that this is possible! Thanks honey, I love these crazy kids so much, and I sure love and appreciate you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Sounds like things Brynlie would say. What cute kidos you have!
Hope you are all doing well!

Maosi Fam said...

she has always been a funny, curious, out going, and smart little girl! love her and miss her! im glad that you are bale to stay home with yur kids as well!

ps- thanks for the talk yesterday...i miss ya tons but am glad that we are able to continue our firendship even from states away! your the best...and always have the best things to say to lift someones spirits! thanks it was so good to talk to ya=]

love ya guys!

Marie said...

Thanks for my comment. Im glad that i could figure out how to invite you to my blog:) I love your posts they are so cute! I totally understand about not posting personal stuff online thats why i went private especially with dereks job i figured the less people know the better:) Anyway your kids are so stinkin cute! Dont you just love the funny things they say madelynn has a bundle full of funny things always throwing me for a loop:) Well i am glad to see that everything is great with you guys!! Keep in touch!
Love,
The Zinkands

Joe and Heidi said...

How cute!! She is always wanting to learn something new isn't she.