Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Running, fantasitc!!

Soooo, on the last day of break for the kiddos, we took it easy. We watched football, ate pizza, got hair cuts, and just relaxed. This weekend I taught the kids chinese checkers, slap jack, and uno. It was a lot of fun, and they love them. They want to play them all of the time.
We don't have any video games or anything like that, so we have family fun time, the old fashioned way. I don't want them in the house and have them obsess over them and then have zombies for kids. I will get them when they are older, but for now, all the games can wait until they are begging me for them. Who knows, maybe that will be sooner than later.
I heard of a good idea though yesterday getting my hair cut- thanks Julie. Let them play for however minutes they read or do homework! Awesome idea..I hope to remember that.
Anyway on to the title of the post. I felt like going for a run yesterday, and the kids wanted to come. I grabbed the stroller, and to my surprise they grabbed their running clothes, and running shoes. I was too excited. We ran for a mile and a half, it took 16 minutes without breaks except for lights of course, they are fast little runners, and just too fun. I hope they will always be my running partners. I loved it, probably one of my favorite memories with them.
I am afraid that they will be faster than me soon though, they will need a better coach soon. I wonder how early is too early for cross country. I would love to watch little kids running....such a healthy thing to do.
They are signed up for a mile run in may, they will do great.
Biggest Loser starts tonight....I am a little excited for it.

No comments: